Training: CSM Certified Scrum Master
- From 2007-07-05 to 2007-07-06
- Held in Warsaw, Poland
- Address: Hotel Intercontinal
- Phone: +49 (0) 7243 56151 - 0
- Held by
Agile Project Management with Scrum needs a skilled Scrum Master.
In this class we teach you how to implement Scrum, how to be a Scrum Master and how to deal with your customer and organization.
This class will be run by Andreas Schliep, Boris Gloger / SPRiNT iT and Stacia Broderick
It is not possible to apply for this class as the deadline is due.
Agile project management is as radically different from traditional project management, as agile processes are different from traditional methodologies. Rather than plan, instruct and direct, the agile project manager facilitates, coaches and leads. This person is called a Scrum Master. Accepted participants learn how to be a Scrum Master and how to make a development team, a project, or an organization agile and successful. Exercises, case studies, and examples are used to bring home the realization of how to be a Scrum Master instead of a project manager.
Each individual is trained to be able to assume the following responsibilities:
- Remove the barriers between development and the customer so that the customer directly drives development;
- Teach the customer how to maximize ROI and meet their objectives through Scrum;
- Improve the lives of the development team by facilitating creativity and empowerment;
- Improve the productivity of the development team in any possible way; and,
- Improve the engineering practices and tools so each increment of functionality is potentially shippable.
This specific class is taught by: Andreas Schliep and Stacia Broderick
Stacia Broderick is an agile coach and for more than four years has helped teams embrace the principles of and transition to agile. Stacia is a Certified ScrumMaster Trainer as well as a PMP.
Andreas Schliep is a Certified Scrum Practitioner and Scrum Coach. He has 8 years of leadership experience as a team and group leader.
Boris was trained by Ken Schwaber, one of the co-developers of the Scrum process. Boris uses Scrum on several levels: Projects, Teams, and Organizations. Boris also runs a company - SPRiNT iT, it supports
organizations in implementing agile methodologies logic and concepts.
Training - Methodology
We will use a lot of exercises during the class to make Scrum teachable. After the training you will not only understand Scrum, but you feel the difference. This training will give you the feeling of Scrum itself.
The first day is dedicated to the Why and the Philosophy of the Meaning of Scrum. During the second day we cover the tools and the How of Scrum.
Using anecdotes and experiences, we teach the Scrum methodology and how to apply it to be an effective Agile project manager - the Scrum Master.
Upon graduation, the result of a successful completion of the training, each participant receives an individual license and a copy of the Scrum methodology, Scrum training materials and Scrum software.
In addition, Certified Scrum Masters are authorized to participate in "open" development of the Scrum methodology and software, ensuring a growing body of knowledge from a qualified, competent group of
certified professionals. Successfully trained participants are also listed as Certified Scrum Masters at www.ScrumAlliance.org.
Fundamentals of agile and Scrum, running Scrum projects, planning and scaling Scrum projects, offshore development using Scrum, bidding on fixed price/date contracts, and ensuring the adequacy of engineering practices. The agenda for the class is:
- What is Scrum?
- Why does Scrum work?
- What is the art of the possible?
- What is the Scrum flow?
- What does done, iterative and incremental development mean?
- The Scrum 59 - Game
- Agile planning and estimation
- Sprint retrospectives
- How to implement Scrum form the position of non-power
- The difference between planning and the planning meeting
- Strategic planning and tactical planning
- The Scrum meeting and how to work with a task board
- The Velocity Game - planning and doing in action
- Scaling Scrum
Time & Location
- 5th and 6th July, 2007
- The class will start at 8:30 with enrolment.
- On the first day the class ends at 18:30 and on the second day at 17:00.
The class venue is not defined yet.
How To Register
Individuals wishing to attend the Certified Scrum Master course should register on this site (click on
"Apply for this class now" at the top of this page). We will then send you a confirmation letter and an invoice.
The fee for this course is 1200,- Euro, (excl. VAT).
Please note the Sprint iT General Terms for this training.
- All materials, methodology and training materials will be made available for you during the training.
- An individual license to use these materials will be issued to the participants who successfully complete the certification program.
- The material is in English and enhances with every training class. The material is enhanced using more slides, videos and pictures if the trainer deems them useful during a class.
CertificationCertification as a Scrum Master means that someone who has successfully implemented and proved to be able to use Scrum in different contexts has trained you. He/she has experienced Scrum in the real world and has the trust from Ken Schwaber to be able to give this knowledge to his/her students.